Friday 3 June 2011

John Brackenbury draft

John Brackenbury




John brackenbury is from Cambridge he is a lecturer in physiology at the university of Cambridge

He has developed special equipment and techniques to capture hes images of insects and studio close ups

he has done many studio close up work using water


I luv this tennis ball shot
its a perfect moment with a perfect splash
I like the patterns and composition



I like this shot of a egg with heat coming of it
I like the dark background and perspective of the image


I love this water droplet and hope to try and capture
some water droplets as well , i luv the shapes and colour of the water


A light bulb popping out of the water
I like this action shot ,
 the textures and shapes make this a great image


Another light bulb looks like this image
was took under water then flipped to look like its coming out
i will try this method in my photography



A match being lit , i like how a simple idea can
make a great image
I like the lines and patterns of the smoke rising


A candle being staved of oxygen then
going out with smoke rising
I love the shapes and patterns in this image


A drawing pins sliding though water
I think this is done by using soapy water
so the pin takes longer to drop


To two spoons being push together to produce a rift effect
i like the shape produced in the water and the focal point of the spoons

A spoon connect to a drill then put into water and photographed
You can see the twister effect of the water
I like the lines and shapes of this image


Books

John brackenbury has had many books published from hes close ups in nature to hes blink of a eye book which i have a copy of at home it has many shots captured in water
In the Blink of an Eye: The World as You've Never Seen It



Close-up: Creative Techniques for Successful Macro Photography

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    Just a few comments, analysis and thoughts about this research will add more value to your final grade.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete